Thursday, May 25, 2017

Music Review #129:
AC/DC
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
1976
Albert








Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - 70's rock cheese at its finest.

The thing I adore about AC/DC is the way they infuse their music with just enough swagger and swing to bring them to the top of rock bands in the 70's and 80's. The way they rock their instruments with barely any trouble, and also the way they can take sex lyrics and make them bad-ass, unlike some bands (I'm looking at you, AEROSMITH.).

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap is one of those albums that really showed AC/DC in the light they were supposed to be perceived in, and people really enjoy it to this day. Honestly, this is a hard review to write, because I grew up with AC/DC being a memorable band and I liked them a bunch, but I've found that it is hard to put in words my feelings about the band, which are mostly positive.

There is the title track as an amazing opener, probably the biggest highlight of the album. Again, this brings up the thing I was saying about the taking of sexual lyrics and making them into music that you strut to. The track is extremely fun, and is most likely a song you'll remember and hum after you listen to it. Overall, this was probably the most successful song off of the release. 'Ain't No Fun (Waiting 'Round to be a Millionaire)' is another good track, but follows the basic forumula most of AC/DC's songs do, with Scott leading the vocals as always with his unique sound. This, even though it does get annoying at times, it is pleasant and it made me and I know many others smile when listening to it.

Overall, I would suggest this to anyone who likes or is interested in the band. Although flawed in some areas, Dirty Deeds is a great introduction as well as an album that has aged well since 1976.

2017 - The Frying Pan & Thatcher 
Originally written for Metal Music Archives  on 12/1/2014.
Visit the site at www.metalmusicarchives.com

No comments:

Post a Comment